10 Reasons I Love My Husband
- He makes me laugh, even when I’m busy trying to get a serious mope on.
- He is generous with people he loves and with those in need.
- He is both adventurous and cautious. He loves a thrill, but he calculates his risks before taking them.
- He loves food and he gets bonus points for thinking my panang curry is better than my mom’s.
- He’s really good at indulging my whims – which is good, because I have many.
- He makes resolving problems remarkably easy because he listens and he’s open, and pretty dang smart too.
- I love the way he carries himself: it’s kind of a masculine, unselfconscious grace that almost reminds me of a lion. I think it’s sexy.
- He’s bringing back old school manliness – a trait sadly undervalued and underrepresented these days. (If you’re not sure what I mean by this, check out these sites: The Art of Manliness and Rules For My Unborn Son)
- He thinks learning is cool. He gets curious about things and then goes off to learn about it in depth, files it away into memory, then moves on to the next topic.
- I thought of many recent moments that made me feel all warm and squishy inside, but none are safe for public consumption. When I mentioned this to him, he choked on his coffee and then looked both proud and flattered.
So, my love, this is for you: “ih”.
What are your 10 reasons to love who you love?
Next week’s challenge: If I were a fashion designer, I’d totally bring back…