Many thank yous to Chocolate Girl at Just Another Reason to Eat Chocolate! She has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. And we all know she has excellent taste, so I feel very honored!
So I believe the rules are to 1) thank the person who awarded you, 2) give seven random facts about yourself, and 3) pass on the award to other versatile bloggers.
So here we go:
1. I think apricot and almond might be one of my new favorite flavor combinations. I just made an apricot almond claffouti this weekend (think something between flan and an uber-light pancake, stuffed with apricots, almond slices and amaretto) and I think I may just be obsessed.
2. For years, I’ve been wearing the same frosted pink, barely there lipstick, and now I’m starting to branch out into bright summery corals and Oscar-glam reds. It’s quite a departure and I pretty much had to re-learn makeup application, but I’m digging it. New look for a new decade, I guess…with 30 just around the corner…
3. I’m teaching myself how to sew with a sewing machine. I mean, I’ve sewn with a machine a little bit before, and I’ve hand-sewn entire outfits, but it’s all been kind of slap-dash, hobbled together haberdashery ironed into place with spit, fishing lines, and duct tape. I’m thinking sewing might be a new hobby for me and I really want to learn properly so I can make cute things for house and home. My first project? A vintage style apron like the ones sold at Anthropologie.
4. I actually have a backlog of blog posts I’ve been dying to write about, but just haven’t had the time. But I’ll get around to them – soon, I hope!
5. I moved out of my office this weekend and now have a backseat piled high with books I don’t know where to put because there is no room for them in our apartment. Moving to Thailand cannot come soon enough.
6. I have a handful of random songs that get stuck in my head at odd moments, usually as I’m wandering about the house, moving from one task to another. I have no idea why these three, or why I apparently like songs about the color yellow, but I’ve had this affliction for years. I may need medical help. The songs are: “Yellow Submarine”, “Mellow Yellow”, and “I’ve Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts”.
7. Love Actually is one of my all-time favorite movies for no particular reason other than it never fails to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (It may even beat Pride & Prejudice, although probably only because I don’t often have 6 hours to spare to watch a movie….Okay, so maybe it doesn’t beat P & P. Just sayin’. It’s up there.). I think it may need a re-watching sometime soon.
And now, I’m passing on the love to:
(drum roll, please)
Hope everyone’s week is off to a lovely beginning!