Ten Things I Know to Be True: (in no particular order)
1. Forever friends are rare in life, and it can be a surprise who turns out to be one.
2. Food is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I miss good cheese.
3. Everything we do in life is a choice, even if we are not actively deciding.
4. The older I get, the harder it is to pinpoint things I know.
5. I’m tempted to log out of Facebook until the election season is over.
6. The universe is very, very big and I am very, very small…
7. …but even fragile leaves and wee sea shells can leave an imprint behind.
8. I like me better when I wonder more and worry less.
9. Getting good at anything takes practice, practice, practice…and even maestros never stop practicing.
10. Love is magical. Instead of diminishing when shared, it grows. The more deeply and widely you love, the greater expands your capacity to love. The more you give, the more you have.
Ten Things I Should Have Learned By Now: (Must I stick to only 10?)
1. The discipline to stick long term with healthy diet and exercise.
2. That most people don’t consider it “helpful” when you correct them.
3. Basic car maintenance, like changing the oil or a flat tire.
4. Anything related to finance. Once I get any deeper than “this is what I have in the bank” and “this is how much those shoes cost,” I’m generally in over my head.
5. How to shoot in full manual – and to not be too lazy to use a tripod.
6. That there’s a difference between being busy and being productive.
8. I will never be taller.
9. Things are much simpler if you just tell people what you want. You may not get it, but you do get to skip the annoying mind games.
10. It’s silly to be shy about complimenting someone for fear of looking stupid. When I think something positive about someone, I should just tell them.
This post was inspired by spoken word poet, Sarah Kay,
who bowled me over when she said:
“Getting the wind knocked out of you
is the only way to remind your lungs
that they like the taste of air.”
What caught your breath this week?
Each Thursday, we come together to celebrate living life with intention by capturing a glimmer of the bigger picture through a simple moment. Have you found yourself in such a moment lately? Share it with us!