One of the perks of being able to be home with Cy is that when he has those not-so-good days, I can try to pop out with him into the city and go do something special. Yesterday, he hadn’t been sleeping well and he had been fighting frustrations with not being able to talk–which, frankly, living in a foreign country and not always being able to say what you want to say, is something I completely understand. Come evening time, I really thought it would be better to get out of the house and go on an adventure.
So we took him to the Night Safari and fed the animals.
We fed the deer.
And the giraffes.
And the goats! Because baby goats make everyone happy.
Cy is always unafraid to get right up there with the animals. Feeding them turned around his mood like nothing else. The air was crisp and cool in the evening after a hot day, and there was plenty of space to run around and burn off excess energy. And there was ice cream.
All in all, I’d call it a successful excursion. (And excluding food cost us all of $5.)
Things I Love About Cy
I realized I haven’t been adding this onto the bottom of my momma chat posts lately, so I hope you’ll indulge me in sharing a few extra.
- Every time we go out, he knows I need to wear shoes, so he runs to get mine and bring them to me to put on.
- His new favorite word is “Ew!,” which he says every time we change a poopy diaper, his feet get muddy, he touches something gross, or sees a dirty street dog.
- His new favorite letter is D. Toby found an app that teaches toddlers the alphabet and when they got to the letter D, Cy exclaimed, “D!” We were so excited – until he got to the next letter and said, “D!” And the letter after that, and the letter after that. Well, he’s got one letter down anyway.
- He’s meticulous and fastidious. If a little bit of water spills on my lap, he’ll try to wipe it away.
- He’s learned to say owl and he says it was such exuberance. “OW-wull!”
That’s it for this week! Join us at Communal Global and Little Things Thursday!